ISB PGPMAX Application Deadlines:
Final Deadline: April 10, 2022
Essay 1: What is the driving factor for you to do PGPMAX at this stage of your career? How do you think ISB can help you achieve your professional goals? (300 words max)
Since PGPMAX is for senior executives with 10-25 years of experience, this essay is a perfect opportunity for you to encapsulate not only your experience & career trajectory so far but also highlight why you believe that PGPMAX at this stage of your career makes complete sense for you going forward.
What you should specifically look at highlighting is the fact that you are at a stage of a career where a lot more of strategic intervention would be required of your job profile and hence, getting equipped with formal management frameworks would hold you in a good stead going forward.
Essay 2: Describe your experience during a challenging time in your professional life. Explain briefly the actions you took and the impact it had on your professional & personal life. (300 words max)
This essay's title is quite self-explanatory in terms of what it expects. You need to introspect and articulate a challenge that you faced in your professional life. This challenge would most probably be a conflicting situation that you encountered either your supervisor or in a project delivery or in a stiff target, or even with your client.
The essay should conclude by ultimately highlighting the learning that you had from this instance.
Post Graduate Programme In Management for Senior Executives (PGPMAX) is an Executive-MBA level program. The program is specifically for senior audiences and is quite distinct from full-time and part-time MBA program. The program allows senior executives and business owners to sharpen their management skills and enhance their decision making abilities.
Who is it for?
PGPMAX is targeted at high-calibre senior executives and business owners, with 10 to 25 years of work experience involving extensive managerial responsibility.
To be eligible to apply for PGPMAX, following criteria need to be fulfilled:
- Bachelor’s Degree: The applicant should have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification in any discipline. An equivalent qualification will be determined by the Admission Committee of the program and will include the likes of CA, ICWA, etc.
- Work Experience: The applicant should possess a minimum of 10 years of full-time work experience as on date of submitting the application (desired experience is closer to 15 or more years).
Selection of the participants for the program is made considering a combination of many factors including:
- Quantity and quality of work experience e.g. significant responsibility, experience of managing personnel and budgets, etc.
- Evidence of professional success
- Strong communication skills
- Likelihood of benefiting from the program
- Business leadership potential, track-record, traits, attitude/mindset, etc.
- Motivation to participate in the program
- Undergraduate degree performance
- Performance in the interview
The program duration is 15 months. It is classroom based. Participants travel to attend 7 days classes every 6 weeks.